AvePoint Cloud Backup
AvePoint have released their new SaaS based Cloud Backup solution, which really builds upon and improves the standard Microsoft offering. Here are some key benefits:
- Near-zero conﬁguration for daily backup plans.
- Target of protection up to 4 daily backups (or every 6 hours)*.
- Protection for all Oﬃce 365 content including: Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Oﬃce 365 Groups.
- Built-in or customizable business rules and ﬁlters.
- Store backups in our zone-redundant Azure storage with minimal conﬁguration.
- Store backups in your cloud or data center of choice with support for Microsoft Azure, Amazon S3, Dropbox, and any data destination accessible via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) and File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- View and manage the protection status of all Oﬃce 365 assets through a single reporting interface.
- On-demand, granular recovery of all Oﬃce 365 content – including mailboxes, conversations, calendars, ﬁles, and Groups – to the online or oﬄine storage of your choice while maintaining all metadata and permissions.
- Restore content and conversations to mailboxes, Groups, or sites – not just its original home.
- Restore content directly to ﬁle systems or export mail conversations as a Personal Storage Table (.pst) ﬁle.
- Recover quickly with time-based restores using a simple and intuitive calendar interface, or search for business-critical ﬁles or emails using full-text search for rapid discovery.
The solution is really clear and easy to use, and my experience so far has been fantastic. I love the peace of mind it brings, and the fact I can jump in and use it even if I had never seen the solution before – it’s so descriptive and well set out – I can simply dive straight in and backup / restore all of the Office 365 suite.
Here are some screenshots;
Main Screen – Simple tiles showing the status of each backup. Anything backed up, backing up, not backed up, or with problems is clearly displayed;
Restore Tiles – Very easy, simply select what you want to restore, followed by the backup job;
Activity Reports – Easily access reports to see what actions have been taken out, and who performed them. Any issues are highlighted as well
Settings – Easily configure notifications (finished, finished with exceptions and failed), Backup Settings and Mappings;
For more information and a quick tour, please feel free to contact me.